The south portico at the Agora is known as the Portico of Tiberius. The construction of the portico started during the reign of Tiberius 1C AD; therefore it was named after him. The Italian mission of 1937 found splendid friezes and dedicatory inscriptions honoring the emperor.
The Ionic colonnade has been restored partly. There is a huge pool at the centre of the portico, 175 m long, 25 m wide and 1 m deep and has two semicircular extremities at the north and east ends.